Gloucester County Trucking Accident Lawyer
As Seen In:
GET A FREE CONSULTATION
FIGHTING FOR GLOUCESTER COUNTRY TRUCK ACCIDENT VICTIMS
Large semi-trucks often weigh 20-30 times as much as small passenger cars, and can take 20-40 percent farther than cars to stop, with even greater distances on wet or slippery roads. These factors combine to make large trucks some of the most dangerous vehicles you can meet on the road, with large trucks causing a disproportionate amount of traffic accidents and traffic-related deaths.
If you were involved in a serious traffic accident in Gloucester County because of a truck driver’s negligent or reckless behavior, trucking companies, as well as drivers, can and should be held liable for any misconduct or negligence that caused harm to you or others. If you suspect your injuries may qualify you to file a lawsuit against the truck driver, or trucking company, responsible for your accident, the team at Richard Hollawell can help you seek compensation for your injuries and the hardships you have endured.
Contact our Gloucester county car accident attorneys today at 1-800-681-3550 or using the form below for a free consultation.
Gloucester County Truck Accident Statistics
New Jersey sees a tragically high number of fatal traffic accidents every year and is in the top ten most dangerous states for fatal crashes in the United States. You may not be aware, but:
- Every day, more than one New Jerseyan will lose their life in a car crash. 2020 has been a particularly dangerous year, with with 565 fatalities so far
- Gloucester County alone averages over 7400 car accidents per year for the last 10 years
- Gloucester County has averaged over with 31 fatalities so far in 2020
- In the United States, nearly 5,000 large trucks and buses were involved in fatal crashes in 2018, the highest number of fatalities in ten years
- New Jersey has a large volume of commercial trucks and tractor trailers, and averages around 66 fatal truck accidents a year, with 80 fatal crashes in 2018
- Over 70% of all fatal passenger vehicle accidents include a large truck. Because of the size and weight of these vehicles, nearly 70% of the fatalities in these accidents are the occupants of the passenger vehicle
- Trucking accidents have increased by 52% since 2009
Recent Trucking Accidents in Gloucester County
In August of 2020, a major crash on Main road caused the driver of an SUV to suffer serious injuries. Emergency workers were delayed in providing care to the driver after 50 boxes of bees spilled out of the truck and swarmed the victim and workers at the crash site. Although the victim was eventually assisted, this kind of accident demonstrates the additional issues that can come along with a big rig truck crash.
These large vehicles are often transporting hazardous materials that can cause unforeseen dangers at the crash site, not only to victims, but to emergency responders as well. When emergency responders are unable to do their jobs, crash victims can suffer additional injuries, and the delay in medical care can cost people their lives.
Trucking Is on the Rise in New Jersey
The National Transportation Research Nonprofit (TRIP) has reported that the value of freight being moved by trucks in New Jersey will increase by 93% by the year 2045. New Jersey freight shipments are already among the highest in the United States, and this projection means there will be a large increase in the number of large trucks on New Jersey’s already heavily congested roads.
If you or a loved one were injured in a truck accident, we understand that recovery can be a long and intensive process. Truck accidents can cause the loss of property, life-long disabilities, and even death. As an experienced car accident lawyer, Richard Hollawell has helped clients win six-figure and seven-figure settlements from negligent drivers that cause serious physical injuries and property damage.
If you have questions about your accident, do not hesitate to reach out to our experienced legal team. When you have a skilled lawyer on your side, you will greatly increase the chances that the insurance company will give you the maximum compensation for your accident, and the NJ Trucking accident attorneys at Richard Hollawell can help you negotiate a fair and just settlement when appropriate. Contact our lawyers today at 1-800-681-3550 or by using our online form.