Neck Injuries From Car Accident Lawyers in New Jersey
As Seen In:
GET A FREE CONSULTATION
FIGHTING FOR NEW JERSEY NECK INJURY VICTIMS
Car accidents can be hugely damaging to your health and your life. Beyond the damage to the car that you have to pay for, you have to pay expensive healthcare costs to treat your injuries, costs that can put crushing strain on your family’s financial well-being. Costs related to car accident injuries can swell when they’re related to neck injuries.
The neck is an extremely vulnerable part of the body, and damage to it can cause long-term health problems. Because neck injuries are often injuries to the soft tissues in the area, some of these health problems don’t appear until much after the initial event. Even if you can trace the source of the health problems to the event, by then if may be too late to pursue your legal interests. That’s why knowing the signs of neck injury and what steps to take afterwards can be valuable to you and your health.
What Are Common NECK Injuries From Car Accidents?
Neck injuries resulting from a car crash cause pain that isn’t always local to the. Because of the connection to the central nervous system there are a number of related injuries that could occur, including:
- Whiplash: tearing or straining of the ligaments in the neck, caused by a sudden jolting forward and backward motion
- Muscle spasms: strained ligaments around the joints of the neck vertebrae
- Soft tissue damage: these types of injuries refer to any damage affecting the tissues of the neck like muscles, ligaments, and tendons
- Brain injuries: any damage to the blood vessels in the neck can prevent blood from flowing to the brain properly
- Vocal cord paralysis: this difficult to treat injury is caused by an impact to the voicebox and can be permanent if not treated quickly
- Paresthesia: a type of injury with symptoms including a feeling of burning or tingling from the skin caused by disks in the neck or back putting pressure on a nerve
- Emotional disorder: changes in emotion can be caused by damage to the nervous system
It’s important to keep in mind that these injuries aren’t exclusive of each other. It’s possible to suffer from a whiplash injury that results in emotional disorder down the line if left untreated.
Neck Injury Symptoms
Neck injuries resulting from a car accident go beyond the immediate pain and soreness, they can lead to chronic health problems that change the way you live your life and your ability to do your job. They can cost you and your family money in lost wages from an inability to work as well as the crushing costs of long-term healthcare.
As previously stated, it’s important to get neck injuries treated as soon as possible after an injury to give yourself the best chance at recovery. Some symptoms you may experience after a car accident include:
- Muscle spasms
- Jaw pain
- Blurred vision
However, even if you don’t suffer from any of the above symptoms, you should seek medical treatment after a car crash to improve your chances of treating any hidden injuries as well as to create a medical record tying the injury to the date of the crash.
New Jersey Neck Injury Lawyers
Personal injury laws exist to get you the compensation you need to get your life back on track after a car accident. However, neck injuries can be hard to prove as soft tissue injuries don’t appear on x-rays and can be difficult to diagnose. That’s why you should speak to an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to review your case.
If you or a family member have suffered a head or brain injury, contact Richard Hollawell for a free consultation of your case. He and his team will fight with tenacity to get you the compensation you deserve. Call us at 1-800-681-3550 or use the contact form for your free consultation today.