Logan North Industrial Park Workers Comp Accident Lawyer
As Seen In:
GET A FREE CONSULTATION
FIGHTING FOR INJURED NEW JERSEY WORKERS
The Logan North Industrial Park is a sprawling industrial park in Logan Township, in Gloucester County, New Jersey. It is located in one of the most active and desirable commercial/industrial areas in the entire state. The Logan North Industrial Park is conveniently located at the geographical center of the Washington DC to New York City Corridor, just 25 miles from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The industrial park’s central location is just one of the many reasons so many companies specializing in warehousing & distribution, manufacturing & assembly, and research & development are considering a presence at Logan North Industrial Park. With such a vast range of work environments, it is no surprise that there are many workplace injury risks that employees at Logan North Industrial Park face daily.
If you or a loved one has sustained a workplace injury while on the job at Logan North Industrial Park, you should contact a New Jersey workplace injury attorney to discuss your options. You may be eligible for compensation for lost wages, medical bills, pain & suffering, and more.
Workplace Injuries at Logan Industrial Park
While Logan North Industrial Park is a relatively new campus and is still being developed, media reports have documented several highly hazardous work conditions at similar industrial parks in the region. Take, for example, the Pureland Industrial Park. Residents had to be evacuated when a plume of propane gas spewed into the air, emanating from a railcar at the park. Also, a railcar containing 27,000 gallons of highly flammable Ethanol began leaking at the site, and there have been numerous reports of three-alarm blazes at the park.
Logan North Industrial Park is designed to accommodate shipping and logistics, warehousing & distribution, and manufacturing & assembly companies. On campuses like Logan North Industrial Park, people, products, and heavy vehicles mix to create a dangerous work environment. Fatal injury rates in industrial parks like this are more prevalent than in other workplace locations. The reason is that on industrial campuses, such as target distribution center accidents, often found in areas like Logan North Industrial Park, there are more opportunities for workplace injuries to take place.
Dangerous factors at industrial complexes that put industrial park workers at risk include:
- Loading Docks: According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), a quarter of all accidents at industrial parks happen in and around loading dock areas. Many of the spaces for lease within the Logan North Industrial Park Complex include loading docks which will undoubtedly be bustling with activity.
- Forklifts: Nearly every tenant at the Logan North Industrial Park Complex will likely have forklifts in use as part of their operations. Even if you are not a forklift operator, working around a forklift can pose a severe hazard to your health and safety. Forklifts have been known to overturn and crush warehouse workers or drop items on workers when loading or transporting, causing severe injury.
- Storage: Storage-related accidents are a common cause of injury and death in facilities similar to the one at Logan North Industrial Park. Often poor stacking causes heavy items to fall from great heights to causing severe harm to industrial park workers.
- Conveyor Belts: Conveyor belts are used in many warehousing facilities and industrial parks. Unfortunately, conveyors can cause severe injury, especially when they are being maintained, cleaned, or serviced.
Workers Comp Accidents at Logan Industrial Park
Unfortunately, individuals who work in warehouses and industrial facilities like the ones at Logan Industrial Park are at an increased risk of workplace injuries.
Some of the injuries that Logan Industrial Park employees may face include:
- injuries to truck drivers while making deliveries
- injuries resulting from lifting heavy packages
- falling off ladders or from great heights
- being pinned by heavy machinery
- being struck by items falling from great heights
- slips and falls
Can a Logan North Industrial Park Worker Receive Worker’s Comp If They Are Injured on the Job?
If you were injured while working at a business in the Logan Industrial Park, you might be eligible to file a New Jersey workers comp claim. After receiving proper medical care following the accident, your next step should be to reach out to an experienced worker’s compensation lawyer before accepting any offers your employer may make.
The unfortunate truth is that the majority of employers and their insurance companies will try to get injured employees to settle for less than what they need to receive proper treatment and ultimately heal from their workplace-related injury.
The lawyers at Richard Hollawell understand that your lost wages, pain & suffering, and medical bills, should be fully covered to get your life back on track after a severe workplace injury.