Warren County Truck Accident Attorneys
As Seen In:
GET A FREE CONSULTATION
FIGHTING FOR WARREN COUNTY TRUCK ACCIDENT VICTIMS
The sheer size and weight of a large semi-truck can make an accident with one catastrophic. These massive vehicles can weigh up to 30 times as much as a small passenger car, in addition to taking 20-40 percent farther than cars to stop. What’s worse – many large trucks are driven faster than 75mph, the upper limit of the speed their tires are designed to handle
If you or your loved one were involved in an accident with a large truck in Warren County, you may have standing to file a personal injury lawsuit against not only the driver, but also potentially against the company that they work for. The team at Richard Hollawell can help you receive the maximum compensation for your losses and injuries, as well as the pain and suffering you’ve endured as a result of the accident.
Contact our Warren County NJ Lawyers today at 1-800-681-3550 or using the form below for a free consultation.
More Trucking on the Way in Warren County New Jersey
The state of New Jersey has some of the highest volume of freight shipments in the United States already, and these numbers are expected to rise in the coming years. A report by TRIP (National Transportation Research Nonprofit) notes that the value of freight moved by trucks in the state of New Jersey will increase by 93% by the year 2045. This will mean a marked increase in the number of trucks on New Jersey’s already heavily congested highways.
Trucking Accidents by the Numbers
Between the years 2009 and 2013, there were over 14,000 fatal crashes in the United States involving large trucks, accidents which took the lives of nearly 16,000 people. In 2019, there were well over 5,000 large trucks and buses involved in fatal crashes, a 2 percent increase from 2018.
What Causes Trucking Accidents in Warren County?
Like any traffic accident, an accident with a large truck can occur for any number of reasons. Distracted driving remains one of the top causes for any car accident, whether involving a large truck or not. Unfortunately, truck drivers also have to deal with additional stresses and pressures, in situations specific to driving a large truck, that can lead to a fatal accident.
Some of the most common causes of accidents involving a large truck are:
- Inappropriate training for drivers: Companies that hire truckers are responsible for hiring drivers that meet all certifications and training requirements. If the driver involved in your accident was not properly certified or trained, the company may be liable for damages.
- Driver fatigue: Driver fatigue remains one of the major risk factors for commercial trucking accidents according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- Tight schedules for drivers: Although the law requires that truckers rest and take breaks, many truckers are expected to work 70 hours a week, sometimes for eight days at a stretch. This can lead to driver fatigue and dangerous or reckless driving.
- Mechanical breakdowns: The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s Fatal Causation Study found that in 55% of truck accidents the truck had at least one mechanical failure.
- Tire defects: Tire defects account for about 30% of all trucking accidents, making them a common cause of a trucking accident.
What To Do After a Warren County Truck Accident
The state of New Jersey requires that you report any accident that involves injury, death, or more than $500 in damage to law enforcement within ten days of the accident. Of course, it is in your best interest to call the police immediately after the accident has occurred, after seeking medical attention for any life threatening injuries.
After receiving medical care and filing a police report, your next step will be to contact an experienced Warren County truck accident attorney. Richard Hollawell is a seasoned NJ truck accident lawyer, and has helped his clients win six-figure settlements from negligent drivers.
Trucking accidents can be absolutely devastating for those involved, and can often result in life-long disabilities and even death. Richard Hollawell will make sure you receive a fair settlement that gives you the compensation you need to cover the enormous costs incurred after a trucking accident in Warren County. Contact our team today for a free consultation by calling 1-800-681-3550 or by using our online form.