Cape May Car Accident Attorneys
As Seen In:
GET A FREE CONSULTATION
FIGHTING FOR CAPE MAY COUNTY CAR ACCIDENT VICTIMS
In 2018, the state of New Jersey saw 563 people killed in fatal traffic accidents, placing it in the top ten most dangerous states for fatal crashes in the country. The most recent data shows that Cape May county has averaged over 2700 car accidents per year for the last 5 years, with 10 fatal crash deaths in 2018.
If you were involved in a serious traffic accident in Cape May county because of a reckless or negligent driver, you can be left with major physical injuries and devastating property damage. You can trust the experienced team at Richard Hollawell to help you seek compensation for your injuries and provide you with the justice you deserve.
Contact our auto accident lawyers today at 1-800-681-3550 or using the form below for a free consultation.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Cape May County
Car accidents can occur for a variety of reasons, but the number one cause in Cape May and the United states as a whole is exactly what you might think it is:
- Distracted driving: WIth the proliferation of cell phones, more and more drivers are not paying attention to the road. Texting, using social media, or otherwise driving while distracted can cause a fatal accident in just a few seconds.
- Drunk driving: There are 26,500 people a year arrested in NJ for DUI or related offences, and DUI’s make up ⅓ of all traffic related fatalities. Drunk driving is more common on the weekend, as individuals travel on the Garden State Parkway to and from the shore through Cape May.
- Reckless driving: Drivers who speed, change lanes quickly, or drive aggressively can cause serious accidents. NJ is the most densely populated state in the country, which can lead to high tensions on the road.
Most Dangerous Roads in Cape May County
There are several dangerous roads in Cape May, with differing statistics depending on whether the accident involves another vehicle, a cyclist, or a pedestrian. Cape May is relatively safe for drivers of cars compared to the rest of the state, but is considered the most dangerous Southern New Jersey county for bicyclists.
- Garden State Parkway: The Garden State Parkway consistently ranks as the most dangerous highway in New Jersey year after year. 27 miles of Parkway pass through Cape May County, with more accidents over the summer as people travel to the shore.
- Route 47: Though the Parkway is the most dangerous highway in the state, Route 47, also known as Delsea Drive, claims the most deadly spot in Cape May County. Traffic jams and accidents are common occurrences, especially during the summer months. Route 47 also has the highest number of pedestrian deaths in Cape May, and the third highest number of bicycle crashes.
- Route 9: Route 9 also consistently ranks as one of the most dangerous highways in the state, with 14 fatal crashes in 2018. Its busiest stretch had an average traffic volume of 65,4222 vehicles last year.
A crash on the Garden State Parkway
Car Accident Laws in Cape May County NJ
New Jersey is a no-fault car insurance state. This means after an accident, you will typically need to file a claim under your own personal injury protection coverage if you want to receive compensation for property loss or medical expenses. Your insurance company will cover the damages for you, up to the limit of the policy.
While a no-fault claim can get you compensation for your injuries, it won’t provide compensation for your vehicle damage. You may be able to sue the at-fault driver, in cases where the accident led to:
- Significant scarring or disfigurement
- Permanent injuries
- Loss of body parts
When to Hire An Experienced Cape May Car Accident Attorney
Having an experienced lawyer on your side can help you maximize your compensation by helping you avoid crash liability, and making sure the insurance companies treat you fairly. A skilled attorney can also help you negotiate a settlement when appropriate.
Richard Hollawell and his team have recovered over $50,000,000 for their clients, and have the tenacity, strength and will to achieve justice and maximum results. Your case will be handled ethically and honestly. Call us at 1-800-681-3550 or use the contact form to get your free consultation today!